A paternity action can be filed by an unmarried parent for the purpose of obtaining custody and/or visitation orders for their child, as well as child support. The issues involved in a paternity action are similar with those involved in a dissolution proceeding, especially custody, visitation and child support. The attorneys at Keese Hargraves LLP have handled hundreds of paternity cases and have consistently obtained excellent results for their clients.